Whats All The Fuss About Anyway

photo by ninjapoodles

photo by ninjapoodles

It was brought to my attention today that I didn’t get all political in Tuesday nights post. Cryptic I think was the word that was used. My explanation was that fear was the resounding thought on my mind. Started out as politics.

Anyway…now that I’ve had time to, well, sort of accept what has just happened here in America. After reading some other posts about the current issue and chatting at work with some folks, I have a big ol’ question.

Who did America just put into office? Does anyone know anything about his policies? His views on abortion? Gay rights? Big Government? Who cares that we just voted in the first African-American president? That should not be why this country is so excited about what just happened, and big day in history and all that. I’m not a racist by any means. If Obama had any good ideas I would have voted for him because the other options weren’t that great either, but in my opinion it was a lot better than what we are going to have.

We, America, don’t need a bigger government right now. Obama has made promises, dug a hole, that I’m afraid he’s going to bury himself in. He ran on change, well, we are going to get it. But any of that change we have left over, he’s going to take it and give it to someone, something, some cause, that doesn’t work.

People voted for a movement, not a man. Regardless of his issues. He wants national health care, free housing, free stuff for some folks. Who is going to pay for this if he is going to lower taxes?

Once you find out Joe across the street didn’t have to pay for his house your not going to want to pay for yours either (depending on the person) Some will be pulling the wagon some will be on it. We are going to have more people on the wagon than will be pulling and then the wagon will stop.

I do hope above all hope that I am completely wrong. I have a feeling that I’m not and the country, the folks that voted him in, are going to be ready to oust the guy after 2 years. Again, I hope I’m wrong. I have no choice but to give the man a chance. So I will.

So I ask, just in case I’m completely missing something, if you are reading this and voted for Obama, would you mind telling me why?

Be nice. I’m not wanting a debate really. I’m just wanting to see what I’m missing that you can see.

SC

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Add to Del.cio.us RSS Feed Add to Technorati Favorites Stumble It! Digg It!
    www.sajithmr.com

This entry was posted in Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

8 Comments

1. Posted November 6, 2008 at 11:09 pm | Permalink

Just jump on the bandwagon, man. It’s free housing and gas for all. Get it while it lasts, because it won’t.

I too feel like we voted in a movement or cause, and not a president. Thankfully, I’ve never known a president to whome we’ve held any accountability for promises made before being elected, so I wouldn’t worry about him burying himself in any hole.

I just hope throughout it all we can stay united, and hopefully become more united.

2. Posted November 6, 2008 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

Hey Oktober thanks for your input! Well, like I said, if everyone jumps on the bandwagon, then…whose gonna pull it :)

And your right about the hole thing. I guess I’ve never known one myself.

Hope seems to be a big word used by some…er..a lot of folks that I talk to nowadays. There is always that I suppose.

Thanks for stopping by!

3. Posted November 7, 2008 at 12:59 am | Permalink

Before I comment let me note that I agree with Obama’s politics more than McCains, but I voted for Nader so by no means did I support Obama. Having said that he’s a great leader and has proven so via his movement. A good leader delegates and Obama did just that.

I wouldn’t worry too much if I was you because the truth is that leaders do not have that big of an effect one way or the other. Business leadership theory continuously supports that most CEO’s are overpaid and most presidents are over glorified because in the end the common man/woman/being is the one doing the work and getting results.

In other words, it won’t affect your day to day life as much as the media makes you believe.

As the good book (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) says, don’t panic.

:-)

Adam Pieniazek’s last blog post..Obama Zombies Stumble Around Searching for Change

4. Posted November 7, 2008 at 5:10 am | Permalink

Adam – I think you have made some very excellent points. Points that I’m kind of ashamed that I missed, or didn’t think about enough because I couldn’t get the irritation out of my system. I’m glad that you shined your spotlight on them.

I need to read that book again. It might make more sense now ;)

Oh, before I forget, FOLKS go read Adams last post “Obama Zombies Stumble Around Searching for Change.”

I watched this at 4:45am and still laughed most of my backside off.

5. Posted November 7, 2008 at 11:42 am | Permalink

I’m pissed that the money my husband has made, let’s call him “Jim the car guy” (’cause he is Jim the car guy,) made honestly, decently and with years and years of long, long days of work can be GIVEN to someone just because they don’t have as much. That chaps my tender young buttocks.

Sorry to have gotten myself started on this.

Black man is president, more power to him. Blacks had a raw raw deal for too long. But show some sense, Sir in your policies.

Hopin’ for the best in Austin.

Jannie’s last blog post..Sometimes in dreams

6. Posted November 7, 2008 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

Jannie – Took me a bit to figure out who you were “sore” at. I was thinking, “holy cow, I hope she don’t think I’m siding with HIM.” So I went back and reread my post and your comment, and I finally got it. :)

I’m with ya. I kinda like working for myself, not for others. It’s hard enough just doing that alone.

Thanks for dropping in. And remember that word “hope”, there is always that.

7. Posted November 8, 2008 at 8:06 am | Permalink

I like what Bill Bennett said. We just voted in a John Kerry without the experience, and a Jimmy Carter without the faith and compassion. Or something like that, I’m paraphrasing. Additionally, we’ve pretty much handed the whole enchilada to a congressional leadership that has the lowest approval rating ever. Were people even thinking about this? Of course not. Barack is going to “pay my mortgage.”

I’m old enough to remember what it was like under Carter. The Russians invaded Afghanistan, our citizens were held hostage in Iran, energy shortages were the norm, prices and interest rates soared, growth slowed to a crawl, and our President dourly referred to a “malaise” that had overtaken the nation’s collective psyche. Younger voters do not have the perspective. Plus, the media! There is not even the pretense of neutrality.

However, out of Carter we got Reagan. If we manage to keep Putin from overtaking the Ukraine, Iran from destroying Israel, and socialistic policy in our own nation at bay, in two years we might be able to drum up another Contract with America. Somebody’s gonna hafta wrangle the Republicans into the corral so the posse can saddle up, though.

8. Posted November 8, 2008 at 9:41 am | Permalink

Just for yucks I located the Bennett article that you were quoting from. I like that guy.

I like what Adam said in his comment. Obama is just a good leader..meaning he can get a bunch of followers, but I’m afraid just like in the video that I got from his website (I included the link in my reply..you should check it out. It’s great!) his followers are going to be left with nothing to do but drool and spit.

Anyways…I appreciate your thoughts and taking your time to stop by. Look forward to seeing you around these parts.